Construction Project Coordinator
Shrader & Martinez Construction
The Project Coordinator (PC) is an important part of the management/oversight team for retail, restaurant, or warehouse construction. PCs are responsible for project set-up, contracts, change orders, close out, and maintaining current accurate information for each job. The PC must possess an accounting aptitude and strong attention to detail and organization.
PC Responsibilities include:
- Bids for plan revisions: organizing and completing re-bidding process which includes sending and receiving plans, posting revisions, follow up on bids, clarifying specifications, and preparing bids for the Project Manager
- Issue contracts and change orders to subcontractors per PM direction
- Communicates clearly to PM, superintendent, subcontractors, landlords and office staff
- Sets up paperwork and organization for jobs
- Obtains and submits insurance to Landlords, City and State as required, collect from subcontractors.
- Obtains city business licenses
- Pre-liens jobs and submit to subcontractors upon request.
- Obtains building and required permits
- Schedules dumpsters, storage unites, Port-a-Potty as required
- Obtains and maintains current CAD files and submittals
- Enters Owner Change Orders and calculates financial change in Timberline
- Works in Timberline (will be instructed), Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Assists field superintendents with organization, paperwork and software
- Meets with Project Manager daily to update job progress and daily priorities
- Handles spontaneous issues on the job: assess importance, inform PM, demonstrate adaptability and help with resolution.
- Prepares close-out documents for client and landlord
- Excellent computer knowledge and experience
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Able to multi-task projects in different stages of progress; set priorities
- Accounting aptitude or experience
- Courteous and possess clear communication skills
- Aptitude for quick learning and retention
- Positive attitude under stress; not easily frustrated
- Adapts well to change
- Accurate in work; able to check own work
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Collaborative; ensures the success of team members
Submit Your Resume